Each group will evaluate one survey question in terms of the criteria we discussed about what makes good measurements. Consider also its reliability and validity. Is this a good survey item? Why or why not? How would you improve the question?
1. What is your current relationship status? Are you:
d) living with someone of the opposite sex
e) living with someone of the same sex
2. Where did you last take a vacation? Was it:
a) a theme park
b) a resort or spa
c) a foreign city
d) visiting relatives
e) someplace else (please specify _______________________________)
3. What is your class position?
b) middle class
4. How important is it that women and men earn the same wages for the same kind of work? Would you say that it is:
a) very important
b) somewhat important
c) not very important
d) not at all important
5. People who commit acts of violence are the worst kind of people. How should they be punished? Which comes closest to your view?
a) They should be executed.
b) They should be imprisoned for life without parole
c) They should be rehabilitated and released
Post your thoughts in a comment to this page. Remember to include everyone's name.